Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby update....sorry, there's not much else going on in my life!

Since I'm trying to get more into writing blogs, I've been getting ideas from other friend's pages lately. So I stole this 5 question survey from a friend, and thought I would post it here...

1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?
We met through mutual friends at random parties and gatherings.....I didn't know it was love instantly, because our relationship started off slow....but once it got started, I knew he was the man I was going to marry. :)

2. What is your favorite room in your house?
Right now, it is our living room, because it's the only room that has a tv, and I love the movie/tv date nights with the hubs lounging around on the couch.....once we finish our bedroom though and get a tv in there, I think there will be many a night laying around in bed.

3. Can you wiggle your ears?
Nope lol.

4. What is your evening ritual?
It's become quite different since I've gotten pregnant....Come home, get a snack, (or dinner depending on the time), watch tv/read/facebook or play online/grade papers while lounging, then go to bed around 9-10pm. On the weekends, if we are staying in, it's pretty much the same....if we go out, it just depends.

5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I'm chronically tired 24/7, so I think I need at least 7-8....if I had to, I could do it on less, but not 100%.


Anyway, January has continued to not let me down so far! Work has been super busy lately, but things are working out. I have been better about using prayer more often to help me de-stress, and I feel more and more refreshed everyday.

Now that I am in my 2nd trimester most of the sickness has gone away, although I still get a lot of acid reflux after dinnertime, and the headaches my doctor warned me about have really picked up. I'm glad that there is some medicine I can take while prego, but I still don't want to depend on that because I'd like to take the least amount of meds as possible just to be on the safe side.

Here is some info from my pregnancy calendar at week 16 (Even though I'm almost 17 weeks now).

Over the past three weeks your astounding growing baby has managed to stretch yet another 2 full inches (totaling about 4.5 inches) and weighs around 3.5 ounces. Yessireee, that’s some pretty serious growth... and with it comes several physical developments! For starters, their head to body ratio is finally starting to even out a bit as the rest of the body is actually growing faster than the head at this point. Yes, your little light bulb is not so top-heavy. Their adorable little limbs have lengthened, almost reaching their normal proportions which they will have at birth. Their eyes are still closed but moving and if you had an ultrasound, which many doctors recommend you have at about this time, you may even see your little one sucking on a thumb, not to mention the necessary signifiers to let you know whether you’ve got a wee lad or lassie.

So our next appointment is Tuesday, and we probably could find out the sex, but since I'm not getting an ultrasound at this appointment, I'll probably have to wait about 3 more weeks until my next appointment. I cannot wait though, I've been thinking about my baby shower and looking at baby stuff to register for since the moment I found out I was pregnant, and once we find out the sex, we can finally make more finalized plans! I am amazed that in just a few weeks I will be half way though the pregnancy....it doesn't seem like it's been that long since we found out, but it's been almost 3 months. I can't believe it!!

So anyway, I feel like I haven't had much to talk about but babies, but that's all that's really been going on lately, so sorry if it's boring you. LOL. In other news, I am trying to look for more decorating tips, and we are buying some furniture soon, so now that I'm starting to look more into all that, I will post more pics and ideas I have for things I like. I'm about to go hardcore into some scrapbooking, so I'll update more on that when I get there. My first goal is to spend less time on the computer, so I have more time to do the other things I'm really interested in. So we'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment