Monday, February 21, 2011

We are having a girl!!!!

So, we've finally announced that we are expecting a baby girl! We found out on Valentine's Day, so it was very special!
The day was perfect....Matt and I both worked a half day, and in the afternoon had my doctor appointment. I wore my pink Valentine's Day shirt to try to give us some "girl" good luck.....and it worked, haha! In the waiting room I was so anxious and nervous that either it was going to be a boy, or that we weren't going to get to find out....seeing as both Matt and I are very stubborn people, I will be surprised if this baby is not very stubborn also. Anyway, all my nerves went away the moment we stepped into the ultrasound room. It was like a calm just came over me, and although I can't explain it, I just knew at that moment that we were having a girl.

So we get started, and, of course baby is very stubborn and would not open her legs to get a good picture! We could see a little bit, and since I was with my sister when she found out the sex of her child, I knew what to look for and where to look....so even though the nurse wasn't saying yet, I knew it was a girl just by looking at the small area we could see. There was nothing sticking out anywhere to indicate it was a boy. The baby was so stubborn that the ultrasound nurse was tapping on my tummy with the rolling device to try to get her to move....which was WAAAAY uncomfy for me because I already had to use the bathroom very badly. Anyway, at the end, the nurse just said, "Well, she's a little stubborn now isn't she?" And that confirmed it. She had known since the beginning, but didn't say it was a girl because she wanted to get a clearer picture. So anyway, that was that. Matt and I held hands, and were so happy....I was tearing up, and I swear I thought Matt was, but he won't admit it. :) 
It was such a special Valentine's Day...our first as a married couple, and with a baby on the way, and we got to find out the gender of the baby....so much love happening! When we were done we celebrated by having an early dinner at Chili's....it was so nice to keep up our tradition of always spending Valentine's Day alone together.....I know some people like to spend it with other friends or family, but we always cherish the day as OURS for just us.....and now baby girl too.  :)


Anyway, it was very hard to keep this news secret all week until Saturday when we had our gender reveal party. Everyone at work and our friends were trying to trip me up, and I did have a few slips, but luckily no one got too suspicious. So we had our party last Saturday, and it was so much fun. My mom was so surprised that she was wrong..she was dead set on it being a boy. Oh well. :)  So now that the cat is outta the bag, the real fun can begin!! We cannot wait to go register, and all I can think of now is pretty pink girly stuff! 
So that's all that's really been going on lately....it's hard to write about other things because this is really what my life is now....besides work, family, and the baby, we don't do much else.  Although I am going to go take a nap and enjoy resting for the rest of today since I am home sick from work. Sick = No Good....but  I hope you all have a Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment